November 1, 2010

October Madness

I just realized that my last post was way back on October 8th! I can't believe it's been that long. You might say that life has been a little crazy lately....madness!

For the past 12 months I've been engrossed in the journey towards obtaining my CPA license. This journey included lots of grad classes as well as taking the CPA exam. The CPA exam is now 4 separate tests, each of which must be passed with a grade of at least 75. I took my first test in November 2009, my second test in May 2010 (after tax season), and my third test in August 2010. And I've passed each of these sections. I took my last test on October 11, 2010, just a few weeks ago. I think it went ok, but I'm nervous. I'm nervous because this is the final test and I really don't want to have to take it over. It takes approximately 6-8 weeks from the day I took my test to receive the score. So I'm hoping to find out my score by the end of November. Oh the anxiety!!

The weekend after I took my final test was a fantastic weekend for us to get out and play! :) We went with John's entire family, plus some cousins, to a Corn Maze in Zellwood. It was pretty awesome. We had to wait over an hour in line in the hot, hot sun, but it was worth it. When we finally made it to the entrance of the maze, they gave us a flag in case we got lost and needed help finding our way out. John was in charge of our flag. We broke up into 3 teams and headed in. Our team was me, John, Daniel, Joanna, Amy, Kaleigh, and Kelli. And we dominated that corn maze.





The next weekend in October was the perfect time for us to take a vacation. John and I originally planned a weekend getaway to Tennessee, but unfortunately an unexpected meeting came up that John had to attend and our plans had to change. Instead, I took 2 days off from work and John and I had a "stay-cation." John's parents took Layla for those 2 nights and John and I just relaxed. It was absolutely marvelous....just what the doctor ordered.

In the next few weeks, John and I will be posting more recipes that we've successfully made and loved and want to share with you. Also, we will be starting our first blog series called "Eat Around Orlando." Every other week, John and I are going to try a new-to-us restaurant in Orlando and blog about the food. We've started compiling our list and I'm super excited to try some local, hole-in-the-wall restaurants around our house. Stay tuned for our reviews and recommendations. And if you'd like to join us for dinner, we'd love to have you! Let us know and we'll keep you posted about dates, times and locations.

How was your October?

No comments:

Post a Comment