October 8, 2010

Alfredo Sauce To Die For


My favorite place to order fettuccine alfredo is Olive Garden. Well actually, I just really like dipping the breadsticks into my alfredo sauce...oh that's a little slice of heaven! But back to the point. I scoured the internet for an alfredo sauce worthy of my Olive Garden standards and came across this quick alfredo recipe on allrecipes.com. It's creamy and flavorful and delicious! And dare I say...better than Olive Garden?! Well, you'll have to try it to find out :)

Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tsp garlic garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2 cups half & half
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes

1/3 cup parmesan cheese


Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the flour and garlic salt into the melted butter until mixture is smooth. Slowly beat the half & half into the sauce until completely incorporated. I pour a 1/4 cup of half & half into the saucepan at a time, stirring completely before pouring the next 1/4 cup in. Stir the garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese into the sauce, whisking continually. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook, stirring regularly, until the sauce has thickened (4-5 minutes). Use immediately or refrigerate. [This sauce reheats in the microwave very well! It's just as good the next day!]

No comments:

Post a Comment