July 3, 2010

Our Porch Garden

I love plants. However, in our family, John definitely has the green thumb. I don't know what it is, but I just have a hard time keeping plants alive. After our vacation to Ball Ground, GA and Chatanooga, TN we decided to start a garden, and I'm going to try extra hard to remember to water. :) We've started slow, but just wait until all our plans come together. There will be large, custom built planter boxes filled with flowers, herbs and vegetables lining our porch.


This is the newest addition to our garden....sweet peas. I just planted them this week so it'll be a while before they start showing off. We snagged this sweet pea kit at Target.


And it was on clearance. Only $3.24 for the pot, the soil and the seeds!


This interesting looking plant is called a flap-jack. John's aunt and uncle gave us this plant when we stayed with them during our vacation. I love it! It's so unique. The best part about flap-jacks is that they can survive with minimal water. Now that's my kind of plant!


This palm actually has a name....David. David is our second palm. Our first palm, Palmer, met an untimely death a few months after it came to live with me. So now we have David. Is our obsession with 24 obvious?


What's in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment