July 19, 2010

Sight-Seeing in San Diego

After 16 hours, 550 miles and a short detour to Hollywood, we arrived at my aunt's house in San Diego. A fold out couch never looked so good. We were asleep the minute our heads hit the pillow and we awoke rested and ready for an adventure. Since this was John's first visit to San Diego, we decided to go on a sight-seeing tour led by non other than my mom and her sister. So we piled into my aunt's convertible Mercedes and hit the road.


Point of Interest #1: Downtown San Diego


Point of Interest #2: USS Midway




Point of Interest #3: Veteran's Memorial, complete with panoramic view of the city and the Pacific Ocean





San Diego Wildlife




San Diego Art






We also visited Balboa Park, which was a major part of my childhood. I would go visit my aunt and grandparents in San Diego and they would take me to Balboa Park to ride the Carousel. I loved that Carousel.

For lunch, we ate a fabulous Mexican restaurant in La Jolla. My mom and my aunt told us stories of their childhood when they spent summers with their grandma in La Jolla. It was so fun that John got to experience so many places that are so meaningful to my family. And my aunt was so sweet to be our tour guide.


Thanks Auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment