January 9, 2009

Inspired

I've been dreaming a lot lately about decorating. John and I are in the process of buying a condo. It's very exciting! It's a blank slate and I can't wait to decorate it. I've been scouring the internet looking at pictures and colors and furniture and DIY projects. I was so inspired that I decided to paint my bedroom furniture...which will ultimately end up in the guest room. It used to be just regular oak wood, so I sanded it down and painted it a fresh white (Behr "Swiss Coffee"). It looks so good! It looks like a brand new piece. And the white paint makes the black handles really pop. Right now I've only done the nightstand (you know, to make sure I liked it). Next it's on to the headboard and the dresser. I'll post before-and-after pictures when it's all done.

1 comment: