October 31, 2009

Spook Fest 2009

Are you ready for some candy? We are! Before the sun sets and the goblins come out, I wanted to show you what's prowling around our house.

I decided only to decorate the front entryway for Halloween this year, mainly because John and I didn't want to be freaked out everytime we walked around our house. This way we only get a little spook when we first walk in the door :)


I grabbed this white skull at the Dollar Store and I'm loving it! His head is hollow and perfect for some candy. John especially liked that part. I put him on top of a stand I already had and found some black books from the bookshelf to elevate him just right. The candlesticks I grabbed at Goodwill for $1.00 each. I love it when it works out perfectly like that.

The bottom display is like a spooky graveyard. The headstones and the cobwebs are from the Dollar Store and I think they add a frightful flare.


For the pictures on the wall, I picked up some old wood frames from Goodwill and then printed out some spooky pictures. When I went to print the pictures, I found out that the printer was running low of black ink. But that didn't stop me! I went ahead and printed out the pictures anyway and I think it turned out fun. This one is of a ghostly figure in the fog.


This one is a cartoon of a spooky house.


And this one is a little more traditional haunted house.


Hope you have a spook-tastic Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment