April 28, 2012

Homemade Nursery Art

I have so much to write about regarding the nursery...so stay tuned.

Today I wanted to show off some homemade art I created last night. I made these using Microsoft Word. I know, not very fancy, but it got the job done. Then I saved them as a PDF file and printed them on regular computer paper. I'll be putting these in frames that we already own and hanging them around the room. All of this art is made for 8.5 x 11 frames.




Do you want to know my secret? These prints aren't completely original. What I mean is that I didn't think up the design all on my own. I had some help. You can find all these prints being sold online. If you were to buy them online, you would probably get a nicer quality ink on higher quality paper, but it can quickly get pricey. So instead, I try to see if I can recreate a print that I like, using Microsoft Word. And I'd call last night a success!

The best part about making my own art is that I don't feel guilty when I want to switch it out for something different, because I didn't spend any money on them. This is also a great way for me to exercise the creative part of my brain. Try it sometime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment