February 17, 2009

Before & After: Kitchen

The kitchen is done! Well, we still want to add hardware onto the cabinets and the walls could use a second coat of paint....and then there's the free standing counter I want to get from Ikea and some shelves... Ok, so the kitchen isn't really "done", but doesn't it look 110% better?! I love it!

Before:

After:
We primed the cabinets with B-I-N Zissner primer tinted gray. This primer is amazing! It's made especially for glossy surfaces and it works great. Then we painted the cabinets Behr "Black Silk" semi-gloss. It took one coat of primer and 2 coats of paint. The wall color is Ralph Lauren "Cotswald Breeches". Who names paint colors anyway? Anyway, it's like a khaki color just a shade darker than the living room color. And since this photo was taken, we replaced the ivory outlets with new black ones. I absolutely love the way it turned out! We've registered for some red appliances (like a kitchen aid and a blender) that I think will look amazing against the black, white and khaki colors.

The carpet is getting installed on Thursday...stay tuned for more pics...

3 comments:

  1. Um, can I say AWESOME? So great! I'm way impressed -- makes me want to get into home improvement mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIIIIIIICE! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacks, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete