December 11, 2009

My Birthday Week

On Monday, December 7th, I turned 27. I still can't believe it. I'm not quite sure where 25 and 26 went, but alas, 27 is upon me. Monday was a really low key day for me - spent the day at work, went home and heated up left overs and watched shows saved on the DVR. John got home around 9pm, I beat him at our new favorite card game, and then we headed to bed.

Don't feel sorry for me though...this girl did her fair share of celebrating.

The Friday before my birthday, John took me out to dinner at Houlihan's. I had some really great fish tacos (for free!) and John had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. We were both in food heaven.

The Sunday before my birthday was a full day of celebrating. After church, my brother and sister in-law took me out to lunch at Chili's. They are so sweet and I feel so loved by my in-laws. While they took me to lunch, John was able to shop for my birthday present. :) After lunch, we went back to John's parent's house for more birthday celebration - burritos & ice cream cake! That's my kind of dinner! John's mom fries the tortillas and they are marvelous! This year, his brother, Luke, helped with the ice cream cake, and I must say it came our fabulous. Oreo crust, vanilla ice cream with a layer of oreos in the middle...with no hint of real cake any where in sight....yummmm!

The day after my birthday, we invited some friends over for pizza and you guessed it...more ice cream cake! (Can you guess what makes my mouth water?) It was a great time of hanging out with people who are near and dear to my heart.

Four days after my birthday, we celebrated the December birthday's at work and guess what we ate....yep....ice cream cake! This 27 year old girl was in ice cream heaven.

Summary of my 27th birthday.................food, food, ice cream cake, food, ice cream cake, ice cream cake.

It was a fabulous birthday!

(Unfortunately, John and I didn't take one picture the whole week, so there are no pretty pictures to accompany this post. Stay tuned though, I'm going to post a tour of our home all spiffed up for Christmas on Monday, December 14th.)

No comments:

Post a Comment