December 2, 2009

Our First Tree - Part 1

John and I celebrated 6 months of marriage on November 24th. We kept it low key since it was right before Thanksgiving and we had other things going on. Now, I don't normally wake up in the wee hours of the morning and go fight the mobs on Black Friday. Only a really really good deal will get me up before the sun rises. And this year, I found a FABULOUS deal at Lowe's. With this being our first Christmas, John and I needed to get a tree! Since John's allergic to real Christmas trees, and I hate cleaning up the mess they make, we went artificial. We had been pricing trees for a few weeks and actually found a reasonably priced tree at Lowe's that we were planning on getting. So when I saw that Lowe's was running a sale on Christmas trees, I decided it was worth getting up early and fighting the cold. This pre-lit tree was originally $98, on sale for $38! And on top of that, my mom gave me a $25 Lowe's gift card as an early birthday present.....that means I paid $15.47 (including tax)!! Deal of the year for sure!

John and I spent the day putting up our $15 tree. We played Christmas music, moved our entry table out of the way and started getting all the decorations out.

Layla stayed next to John the entire time he was putting up the tree. She didn't really know what to think about it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment