June 1, 2010

Anniversary Vacation - Day 1


 John and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on May 24th. I can't believe it's been one whole year since we said "I do." It honestly doesn't feel like we've been married for a whole year. I think that's a good thing :) For our one year anniversary we planned a road trip which included 4 states and 1300 miles in 6 days. We had a blast!

Day 1: We hit the road about 10am and headed straight to Hilton Head, South Carolina. My mom and step dad hooked us up with a free hotel room for 2 nights. Thanks Mom and Alan! We arrived in Hilton Head about 4pm. 
After dropping our bags in the room, we walked across the street to a shopping center to look around. We did some window shopping and also scouted out all the restaurants. A local cafe called The Frosty Frog caught our eye. It turned out to have a daiquiri bar inside! Daiquiri's are my favorite! You could even mix and match to create the perfect daiquiri blend. I mixed strawberry and pina colada. John mixed "Hurricane" and "Jump Start." Interesting how the flavors in John's daiquiri were secret flavors. We're still not sure what exactly was in his drink - but it sure tasted good! The food was really good too. I enjoyed a turkey wrap while John scarfed down a talapia sandwich.

After dinner we walked over to the beach. The sun had already set but it was still light outside. We walked along the shoreline, enjoying the peacefulness of the ocean and the sand between our toes.






Aren't these swings the cutest! We took full advantage of these public swings while we were on Hilton Head island. It was so relaxing to sit and swing with my husband. It made me realize how much I enjoy swinging. Maybe John and I can get one sometime. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment