June 2, 2010

Anniversary Vacation - Day 2

Day 2: My internal alarm went off around 8am and I couldn't fall back asleep. What's the deal with that? I'm supposed to be on vacation and I'm wide awake by 8am. So much for sleeping in. I tried to lay quiet and still to give John some additional sleep time, but after a few minutes I just couldn't resist waking him up :) I opened the patio doors and let the warm breeze into our room.


John and I decided to go back to the beach again. We love walking along the shoreline, watching all the people and enjoying the water. It was a beautiful day and the water was so refreshing! Even the jellyfish came out to play :)




Since we were on vacation, we actually left the hotel room carrying only enough cash to get us through the day. Can you believe it!? We went the entire day not knowing what time it was, not checking our email, and not checking up on Layla. I felt so free! We went to look for a place to eat lunch when our tummy's were hungry and ended up at the Bamboo Cafe. It was up on the second floor of the shopping center and it felt like we were dining in a tree house. The roof was made to look like a grass hut and there was wood on all the walls. An older gentleman serenaded us thoughout our meal and they served a bowl of popcorn with the menus. That's my kind of place! The food was decent, John's rib eye wrap was better than my friend shrimp wrap, but the $4.95 lunch special made it worth it.


After a few hours in the sun and a full belly, we were pooped! We spent the afternoon napping and watching a movie in our hotel room. Not very exciting, but oh so relaxing.

Dinner was slighty less exotic since we decided to save some dough and hit up Taco Bell. Those new tortadas are surprising delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment