September 23, 2009

Additions to the Entryway

It only took me 3 weeks to spray paint and hang this shelf on the wall right next to our front door. Maybe the desk that I'm painting will be done sometime in the next year :)


I've had this shelf for a few years but it was a medium oak color when I bought it. It went fine in my old bedroom, but oak doesn't really go with what we've got going on in our living room. So I spray painted it black and hung it by the door. Now it holds some fabulous trinkets from different travels of mine. The hooks underneath were $1.00 at IKEA and I spray painted them black to match. This holds Layla's leash and my purse when I get home from work. It's very functional and I love it. We're looking for a bench to put under it so we have a place to put on our shoes before we leave. But we're happy with it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment