September 22, 2009

Fireplace Before and After

The other day we were hanging out in the living room watching Criminal Minds (our favorite show right now!) when John looked over and said, "can I paint the fireplace?" And I said, "Of course!" I couldn't believe my ears. He grabbed some brown paint that we have actually never used and started going at it.

Here's what our fireplace looked like on the day we bought our condo:


Here's an in-process shot:



And the finished look (as of right now):

(don't mind the yellow towel and paintbrushes that I forgot to move before taking this picture)


Pretty nice huh? We hung the clock from Bed, Bath and Beyond, moved the frames around a bit and dug the vase out of a box in the garage. I like what we have going on. It definitely sets the scene for the whole room.

No comments:

Post a Comment