September 2, 2009

Grad School

Monday night was the first session of my first class at Grad School. It was so crazy to be back in a classroom. It seemed just like college, except all the students are "older" and more professional looking. I think I was one of the youngest in the room. I sat in the front row, because I actually want to learn...and it never hurts to be friendly with the teacher. (I taught my husband that.)
I'm taking Forensic Accounting. Very interesting. It's all about fraud and financial crimes. Forensic Accountants were used in cases such as Enron and Worldcomm, and more recently in the Bernie Madoff case.


And since I know this is really interesting to you too, here are some articles that highlight Forensic Accountants...


NJBiz


Business First


Planet JH



And just because, check out the FBI's most wanted terrorist. The reward is $25 million if you provide information that directly leads to his apprehension. Maybe I should quit my day job and try and find him. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this blog is so perfect for your mom to read!! I love hearing about your venture into the world of forensic accounting. I'm probably one of the only ones to be excited about this topic. What a nerd I am, but I love accounting and I love catching criminals. You'll be right in the middle of the action some day honey.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deloitte worked on Worldcomm :) You're learning about my specialty! Super fun! I hope its interesting!

    ReplyDelete