September 9, 2009

Living Room Wish List

John really likes the chocolate brown, beige & red color scheme we've started in the living room/dining room. Instead of fighting it, I've decided to embrace it. We both love the "old world" meets modern feel so we're going to try and incorporate that into our living room.


Wish List



These storage ottomans are amazing because it's 2 for the price of 1. The square one will live in our living room (instead of a coffee table). The round one will live under our vanity for me to sit on and enjoy while I get ready in the morning. I'm really excited about that!

This world map is going to be hung above the couch. We are then going to make a frame to hang around it, and stain the wood a dark brown to match the couch. I got the inspiration for this project from A Soft Place to Land.

This rug will look great on the ground next to our dark brown sofa and new ottoman.

Very cool "old world" style clock that I just purchased from Bed, Bath and Beyond (with a gift card!). We're going to hang it above the fireplace. I've been trying to find something other than a mirror to hang there. It's not the best place for a mirror and we're going to putting a mirror in the dining room so it's all good. This clock is perfect!

This chair is a nice natural color to offset the dark brown couch.

And some decorative finishes from IKEA.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered that you are a frequent blogger! I love this color scheme -- its what ours used to be, remember?

    Hope you guys are doing well...

    ReplyDelete